Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Dream I Just Woke From

I had a thought recently that maybe I'm an atheist who's too much of a pussy to be an atheist. i.e. I'm in fear that I may be wrong and when the time comes I'll pay for my mistake.

Then I thought a little more but eventually didn't bother about that thought anymore. Now, after my dream I consider this a slap in the face of everything I believe to be a sign of THE higher power in my life. From little things to blatant, obvious things. From strange things like my beloved 626 being stolen and being found and returned to a police station before I even know it went missing to the existence of the super-natural and my experiences with it. I may be laughed at by some but I hold these things very dear to me.

My dream, I don't think was overly symbolic. Perhaps it was purely psychological but even so, or rather especially so (from a certain standpoint) I should take notice of it. I dreamt I was back in my old house with family and friends. It was a worldwide special day.. like Christmas, except it was a tradition where you light candles and go to a mass or something or the other along those lines. So everyone(neighbours etc) were lighting their candles and going(walking) to some church that was close-by. I didn't want to go and I was kinda annoyed that I was being made to go by my parents so instead of carrying a cd player or something to tune out, I used my phone. I plugged in my phone's headset and was playing/blasting Necrophagist from it.

Walking down the road, one of my best friends had to leave to go pick someone else up. Right after this happened (in the dream) I suddenly had a book in my hand and the scene shifted to a few of us being in my house, which wasn't my true old house but it was supposed to be. The book had some symbols and markings on the front and my mom told me don't touch that book it's evil. I figured she was just saying that crap because I was listening to metal etc etc. Scene shifted back again to the road I was on before, and my mom screaming at me (a bit fearfully at this time) to get rid of the book. I screamed at her (a little hesitant and unsure) that she was being dumb and I threw the book at this hot girl who was in front of me. This is where the dream gets.. odd

The book was either grabbed by the girl's hands or started levitating in front of the girl. I realized quickly that this really wasn't an ordinary book. I kinda started yelling at the girl to get rid of the book but then a voice screamed that it was going to possess her.. which it promptly did. Four witches/demon chicks possessed the girl. I felt like it was my fault this happened (doi) so I tried to get the demons out by lay-exorcism (lol!). I held the girl/demon combination and tried to say the our father prayer. It did not work too well. In between the prayer I kept having thoughts of having sex with the girl. I tried again.. same result. I started feeling like this wasn't going to end well.. for anyone. I didn't want to say the Hail Mary because someone I respect for their belief and spiritual wisdom once said something along the lines that 'Mary has no power to listen to prayer etc. She is not divine, she was a human.' and as such said person didn't believe praying to her.

At that point in the dream however, I felt like I was quickly approaching that 'shit out of luck' moment so I tried it. And it started working. One Hail Mary after another and the erotic thoughts subsided and it looked and felt as though I was doing some damage. I threw in some personal, on the spot made up prayer to draw power from the almighty and after a while I managed to get the job done. Girl was saved, day was saved hooray, hoorah.

Things were a little shaky after that then the scene changed back to the house and I was in it with what was supposed to be my family and a friend or brother. There was a really bad storm and we had no windows for some reason so all the breeze was coming inside and was really strong. There was thunder and lightning - the whole shebang. I felt/heard a voice saying 'this is what happens to you when you love your God!' and I replied that if this storm was the work of my God then I would be safe. Unfortunately the storm proved to be the work of some far more sinister force. Things quickly escalated and the friend/brother almost got sucked out a door and people were hysterical blah blah blah. I think the witches/demon chicks came back. I fought them off again however and it stuck this time.

Things returned to normal and sunny etc and the dream ended soon after with me telling someone that 'I don't need to wear my love of God as a badge on my sleeve, I have it in my heart."

That concluded my dream and I woke up. I didn't even intend to write this blog but it just sort of happened. I guess cus a friend asked how come I haven't written anything in a while and I figured you don't need anything in particular to write about in a blog such as this, so.. why not


But in writing this blog things hit/occurred to me from my dream that weren't immediately clear to me at first. As such I'm thankful that I did write this post. Those things that became clear are:

well the obvious one: I don't need to wear my love of God as a badge on my sleeve, I have it in my heart. This is quite powerful to me.


then there's this: Buildings and organizations calling themselves 'the church' or 'a church' may be corrupt/ed but the true church of God, of Jesus Christ cannot be tainted. It is a place where true believers, true faith holders gather. - this is also important to me cus I've bashed the church generally for quite some time. I've made tons of jokes to my catholic best friend about pedophile priests and the like, as well as some other more negative stuff. I lumped everything into 'the church' and said they were hypocrites and liars, self-righteous and corrupt. Truth is.. I still think they are, but now I've learnt the difference between man's church and God's church.


to follow up: The traditions of man may have been started in good faith or in bad but this matters not when matched against the traditions of your personal faith and belief - Christmas may be taken from pagans etc etc. but whenever you choose to reflect and thank God for the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ - that's your Christmas Day. If you want to have the usual turkey and ham etc celebrations with your family in July for Christmas that's your Christmas.

and finally: Some things you think may be innocent or even from 'God' may not be so innocent or positive.. this is the point of the book 'The Beautiful Side of Evil'. Some things we take so innocently may have a more sinister purpose.


and what about Necrophagist? I didn't get any negative feelings about that, only one psychological one, which was that I used it as a reasoning to think my mom was being bitchy about the evil book. Hopefully dream-me will know better next time. I still don't believe I listen to satanic music. I actually stay far away from satanic music. And trust me, there is metal and then there's satanic metal. There's death metal and then there's satanic death metal. It's not all the same thing.

No comments: