Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Price of Growing Up..

Is friendship.

There will inevitably be that/those friend/s who won't be able to match your growth and progressed thinking and life mentality. Inevitably.
It's a sad realisation but.. what yuh go do?
I miss a certain friend because he started thinking more maturely about life and such before most of the rest of us and I couldn't fully understand or appreciate what he told me before, but I do now. He's off in a foreign country for work but should be back for a couple days soon. Get back safely.

While he's been away, and this is not related or linked to him btw, I've made some advancements in the way I think about things/my life and the way I see people and situations. I really hope this isn't a phase and I go back to how I was before.. but even in saying it I have no fear of that happening cus it feels so.. solid. But anyway, so I've progressed in my thinking and behaviour. I honestly believe I have matured in my thinking and am able to approach life with a more*insert synonym for mature here* mindset, much like my friend did before me. While I'm very happy about this, it's made me evaluate some frienships/relationships I have right now. I get annoyed for things that would previously be fine - like friends being drunk and the way in which they carry on. I also see certain friends/peoples playing the same shitty social 'games' from before and I'm really not on that anymore. I am going to distance myself at least from the latter for sure. If it means cutting out certain people from my life then fine, so be it.. at least those people are not so important to my social well being that I will destruct without them.

you - you have the potential to be a strong person. To be happy and mature. But this company you're keeping again is dragging you down. This company can make you regress and lead to your being hurt more than you should be. Don't get caught up in that bullshit.

that's it for now.. falling asleep on myself

No comments: