Thursday, October 25, 2007

More elections crap

sorry, but it seems everywhere I turn or listen there's something else that annoys me. Today something actually disgusted me to the point where I almost turned off the radio completely. That thing was the UNC's latest jingle - a remix of the Richie Spice hit 'World is a Cycle', which includes the lyrics 'UNC do right do right do right.. Jack Warner do good do good do good..' it actually made me appreciate Orange Sky and Nigel's jingle etc.

At least Sky knows about the political situation in the country and want a change for their fellowmen! At least Nigel is concerned about his country and is informed. Who the hell is Richie Spice to Trinidad and Tobago?! I cannot BELIEVE that the UNC would do that. And then up next is the PNM with sizzla?! WHATTHEMUDDAC**T!?!? they're taking two of the best reggae/conscious artistes and using them to appeal to the 18-25 age group of voters! This is beyond me. I was utterly disgusted by both hearing the UNC song and by the news of Sizzla and the PNM.

Let's just throw facts and issues out the window. The youths don't care about that. They want to party and have fun, so let's use conscious artistes from a totally different country who know nothing about our politics instead! yeaaa! that's a good idea! I have yet to hear what my fellow 18-25yr olds think about this turn of events but the ones I do know are more informed of the facts and political climate than the UNC and PNM apparently think they are. The ones I do know will look past this completely obvious ploy and see the real truths that exist.

it's just.. wow.. I think that was a new standard of unbelievable there. It's one thing to use local artistes to do your stuff but to use foreigners!? What next? Junior Gong for COP? Beres Hammond promote unity with the UNC? Justin Timberlake bringing sexy PNM back!? it's just fucking ridiculous and sickening and I hope it will ultimately be pointless and costly to these parties.

No comments: