Friday, September 14, 2007

Trini-Standard English translations

I've been thinking. Again. Thoughts come faster than comic collectors during their first sexual experience. Or perhaps at the same speed. I wouldn't know for sure.

I use a bit of trini slang and phrases in my writing and typing. Some may not understand everything I say (again clinging to the assumption that maybe, in this great, big internet of ours, someone from another country will stumble across my blog) and will thus need some sort of translation. Even the blog title is inherently 'Trini'. As such I now leave a few links to trini dictionaries in order to de-confuffle my foreign visitors. (way to get ahead of yourself foots)
((can't believe I just referred to myself as foots))

http://www.trinidictionary.net/
http://www.afriqueonline.com/Pages/Trini/Trini20.html

that should be enough? yes, I think so.

'wha yuh go do' means 'what will you do' or 'what can you do'. It's usually said sarcastically to imply that there is nothing more that you can do, if anything at all. It's usually acceptance of the situation at hand

No comments: